Paul's Blog
Floating in cyberspace, you see the words "Rubbish Bin #3" hanging in neon purple letters. They melt and reform constantly.
There is a penguin here, walking around on the ice.
There is a pile of linguistic drivel on the floor.
Obvious Exits: North, East, Up, Panic

15 February 2006

To Quote My Textbook

前田さん
日本は、 先週から毎日雨です。 ロンドンわどうですか。
今、 大学にイギリス人の学生が五人来ています。 今年からのプロゲラムで、
一年日本にいます。 日本からも来年からは毎年学生が行くんですよ。 イギリス
には前に行きましたけど、 一週間だけだったから、 このプロゲラムでまた行き
たいと思っています。 前田さんはロンドンに何年までいますか。 そちらで会い
たいですね。



では、 さようなら。

六月二十八日

今田みち子

I hope that shows up correctly. It probably won't.

~Paul

14 comments:

Emmett said...

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I'm still having trouble with some of the Kanji (they look different on the computer than in my textbook)...

Paul said...

Don't bother translating, it's just a comprehension/translation exercise from my textbook, a letter between two Japanese students.

Maren said...

Is this one of those weird poems we had to do in Lit last year. You know, the one about the dead cat you kept creeping me out with?

Paul said...

"kept creeping me out with"??? You know, that implies that I did it repeatedly and continually. I take exception at that. I would never harp on about just one weird story. I would bring my full arsenal and rotate weapons regularly.

And no, it's a perfectly normal letter between two Japanese students! Didn't I say that in my first comments? Where did the zombified kitty come from?

Maren said...

I dunno, maybe the fact that it was just symbols in a sequence on a page, rather like the 'dead cat' poem that you insisted upon showing me on several ocassions. I'm sure we can get Elder Child to vouch for me. :)

Paul said...

That wasn't a dead cat! That was a dead human! I actually *like* cats, you know!

Emmett said...

Yeah, and your cats like to eat me while I sleep!

Paul said...

Myao~! =^_^=

Maren said...

i'm leaving now..

Paul said...

Hmm... yup. I think I'll go cry somewhere.

Emmett said...

Don't cry too much, alright? Your cat didn't really eat me.

Maren said...

OH, OH, OH!!!!
I can SEE it now! Sorry about the cat thing Paul, but it was all a bunch of question marks on my laptop. Sorry.

Emmett said...

So, Paul, do you have anything more to add to your account of your budding social life?

Maren said...

Yes, when are we going to hear more details? And when are you gonna update?