Paul's Blog
Floating in cyberspace, you see the words "Rubbish Bin #3" hanging in neon purple letters. They melt and reform constantly.
There is a penguin here, walking around on the ice.
There is a pile of linguistic drivel on the floor.
Obvious Exits: North, East, Up, Panic

26 February 2006

An Update, Eh?

So, people want me to update. Okay. I can update. Let's see. Um....

Since you're begging for details on my social life, last week two girls got my roommate and I to come watch "A Walk To Remember" with them. That's about it right now. Last week=evil. Much staying up late, getting up late, missing classes, frustrating work, and general insanity.

While you're still here and I'm still bugging you, I'd just like to point out that I now have a silicone wristband that says "DATESTRONG".... You can be sure I won't actually wear it, but I have it. You see, there was a big meeting for essentially everyone in Deseret Towers yesterday, and they're trying to get us to date more. In general terms, it went something like this: A) Dating is the best way to prepare yourself for adult responsibilities, and if you're not dating, you're clinging to a fifteen-year-old mentality. B) If you're not dating, you're making girls cry.

Anyway. I declare myself a menace to society.

~Paul

9 comments:

Maren said...

"Datestrong?" Oh, wow. Maybe I'm glad I'm not down at BYU...I think all that dating crap might make my go...Bonkers. And you have no idea how much I hate Bonkers. Evil, Evil! *shudders* Okay, you can all come out now!

Emmett said...

Did we channel each other, Paul? 'cause last week for me was also full of insomnia, too much work, not enough doing of work, etc.
And is this the actual school trying to push you guys to date? Or just, say, an independent religious authority?

Paul said...

Um...both encourage it, really. This particular event was religious, though.

And as for the idea we were channeling each other...this leads to the disturbing question of where we got the original insomnia, work, not doing work, if we were just pulling it from each other. I propose extraterrestrial involvement as a possible explanation. :)

Maren said...

The channeling must have originated in the Alpha Centuri region of space, refracted by a chunk of space ice through the Bermuda Triangle, and bounced back to Washington and BYU.

I don't get pushed to date...that is, as long as I don't go to stake institute. :)

Emmett said...

I really, really want to rant against this, but I'm not gonna. Let me just say, cheers to you, Paul, for being a menace to society.

Paul said...

You're not going to like my next update.

Maren said...

Is there something we shoud know about? Cuz ya know, I had a really creepy dream the other night...hope it wasn't a foreshadowing... Hey, that would be a cool title.

Emmett said...

Well, maybe by then I can have upsetting news of my own...

Maren said...

Must it be upsetting, or just "upsetting" in the sense that I'm semi-dreading from Paul?