Paul's Blog
Floating in cyberspace, you see the words "Rubbish Bin #3" hanging in neon purple letters. They melt and reform constantly.
There is a penguin here, walking around on the ice.
There is a pile of linguistic drivel on the floor.
Obvious Exits: North, East, Up, Panic

31 October 2005

So We're Doing Poems For Halloween?

Very well. I'm having trouble finding Emily Dicksinson poems online, the recent unedited versions anyway. So I'll do one poem of my own. If it sucks, blame me.

I Should Like

I should like to walk the night in solitude,
to see liquid moonlight
brush across snow
and dance through air.
I should like to be lost in the night,
to feel the silent peace
that comes in a world
aglow with light of
ever-faithful stars.
Why, then, do I fear the dark?
What creatures of my making prowl the night
and make midnight gleamings perilous?
Why is moonlight not enough?


...in fact, let's throw in another one. Because I can.


I Don't Like The Title So I'm Not Telling What It Is

I never knew I was disturbing--
I was too busy to see that!
My musing--my odd world
Demands--Claims--its rightful place.
I never knew that I,
Sometimes when I wasn't trying to be,
Could scare you--my mind simply works
At its own pace
In its own style.
But you would be surprised-indeed--
By how many times I've stopped
To watch--
And notice--
How terrifying all the others
Can often be.



~Paul

4 comments:

Maren said...

I like your poems! *HUGS PAUL*
You're not as frightening as you might think sometimes. Then again, maybe that's just cuz it's me.
I should write some poems..

Elder Child said...

Me like they. Muy bien! Especially the first. I don't like to use this word flippantly, but I love lines 5-9. Wow. --WOW! Wow.

Emmett said...

Sweet. These are very good. If one of us gets a book deal for our work for nanowrimo, we should bully the publishers to let us do a book of poetry, 'cause your section would be hot.

Paul said...

*blush* Really?